Sunday 23 August 2009

Thank you world - World Party

The 1991 single 'Thank you world' by World Party was released in between albums. 1990's 'Goodbye Jumbo' had been relatively successful, but the next album would only appear in 1993.

The chart performance of this single was disappointing, reaching number 68 in the UK singles chart during a one week chart run. Even the cover of the Beatles' 'Happiness is a warm gun' on the cd-single didn't help matters. This 7" single features two versions of 'Thank you world'. To be honest: I don't play it much myself.

My collection: 7" single no. 1488
Found: Melody Maker, Den Haag, July 4, 1991
Cost: 6 guilders
Tracks: 'Thank you world' / 'Thank you world (Peter Lorimer remix)'

1 comment:

  1. As a 'record' buyer (contrary to singles) I particularly liked this song by World Party. I don't play it much either, but I used to quite a lot. An liked it as such.
    There is no accounting for tastes.
    Nice te be reminded about this song.

    Never heard from them in later years.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Advertising