Sunday 2 August 2009

Snobbery and decay - Act

Not only do I have the 7" single of 'Snobbery and decay', I've got the 12" single too! Quite a feat, because these things became increasinly expensive during the Nineties, when record buyers were finally catching on to the phenomenon Act. According to Claudia Brücken: 'The whole idea was based on a programme called 'Lifestyles of the rich and famous'. That was when we discovered how much we wanted to write about that idea and what a great introduction it would be for Thomas and me to have a duet as a first single. Two characters talking about that whole thing.'

This 12" single also features a cover of 'I'd be surprisingly good for you' from the musical 'Evita', chosen according to Thomas Leer, because 'we both dislike Andrew Lloyd Webber intensely. We wanted to do something from a musical, something that was crap and that we could make great. It also fitted the idea of the package.'

My collection: 12" single no. 510
Found: ?
Cost: 10 guilders
Tracks: 'Snobbery and decay (That's entertainment)' / 'Poison', 'I'd be surprisingly good for you'

2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey... Snobbery and decay. I like the single version much, this 12" is some what long, I think.
    As I listen to it (have to do this another time to get to the end) I hear all kinds of entertainers. Is it really Liza M. or not? Yes it is.

    Still keep up the nice work your doing with you blog. You inspire me to listen to my own cd-singles again. Constantly having 'Oh yeah... I have that one too'- experiences.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Advertising