Monday 10 August 2009

New sensation - INXS

'New sensation' was released in early 1988 as the second single from INXS's 1987 album 'Kick'. The song features a sax solo by Kirk Pengilly and lyrics about a partying lifestyle. The first line 'Live, baby, live' was later referenced in the title of the bands's 1991 release 'Live baby live'.

The single reached number 25 in the UK singles chart, number 3 in the US Billboard Hot 100 chart and number 18 in the Dutch Top 40. I never bought the single in 1988 because I bought the cd-single. It's strange how I never think I really have a single until I have the 7" single.

My collection: 7" single no. 3962
Found: Record Exchange, London, August 5, 2009
Cost: 30p
Tracks: 'New sensation' / 'Do wot you do'

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Advertising