Tuesday 18 August 2009

My own way - Duran Duran

I thought I knew everything about Duran Duran's discography, until I found this single. I'd never heard of the track, the sleeve looked unlike any other Duran Duran sleeve at the time and so I assumed it was an early single, from before they were famous.

In fact, it was the fourth single by the band, a new track not on any album to capitalise on the success of 'Girls on film', their previous hit single. 'My own way' has often been cited by the band as their least favourite and is rarely played live. The single reached number 14 in the UK singles chart and number 10 in Australia.

My collection: 7" single no. 2467
Found: Record fair, Amsterdam, September 16, 1995
Cost: 6 guilders
Tracks: 'My own way' / 'Like an angel'

1 comment:

  1. My Own Way is from the album Rio which was their second and most successful album. If you have the single vinyl version it was done Carnival style.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Advertising