Tuesday 11 August 2009

I second that emotion - Japan

'I second that emotion' was originally a hit for Smokey Robinson & the Miracles in 1967. Written by Smokey Robinson and Al Cleveland, the title of the song came to Robinson when his friend and Motown colleague Al Cleveland mispronounced the phrase 'I second that motion' as 'I second that emotion' while the pair were Christmas shopping in late 1966.

Japan recorded a cover version of the song as a standalone single released in 1980. This remixed version was released two years later, reaching number 9 in the UK singles chart.

My collection: 7" single no. 3971
Found: Record Exchange, London, August 5, 2009
Cost: 1 pound
Tracks: 'I second that emotion' / 'Halloween'

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Advertising