Sunday 23 August 2009

Get up! (Before the night is over) - Technotronic

Time for some intellectual music again. Back in 1990, I simply couldn't resist a track that had the great lyric 'Get up, get up, get busy do it / I wanna see you party'. It was the second single by Technotronic from their debut album 'Pump up the jam'. Somehow this single managed to hit the top 10 all over the world. It has to be because of the fact that people simply cannot resist a song with such beauty and depth.

The sheer vacuousness of it all is what drove me to buy this - and to use it as an example of what I simply cannot understand about other people's taste in music of course.

My collection: 7" single no. 1172
Found: Melody Maker, February 17, 1990
Cost: 6 guilders
Tracks: 'Get up! (Before the night is over)' / 'Get up (Before the night is over) (instrumental)'

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Advertising