Friday 7 August 2009

Baker street (remix) - Gerry Rafferty

Someone responded on this blog a while ago, writing that I should feature Gerry Rafferty's 'Baker street' on here. Well, I would want to, but I haven't got that particular single yet. Meanwhile, I did find the next best thing: a remix of the track. It was released on the occasion of the release of 'Right down the line: the best of Gerry Rafferty' in 1990.

Fortunately the remix has been done in good taste: it brings forward certain elements of the original recording, and also adding some sounds that were not in the original recording at all if I'm not mistaken. Nothing beats the original, of course, but this is quite an interesting remix. The single reached number 53 in the UK singles chart in March 1990.

My collection: 7" single no. 3942
Found: Record Exchange, London, August 5, 2009
Cost: 50p
Tracks: 'Baker street (remix)' / 'Night owl'

2 comments:

  1. I never knew about this remix, thanks!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi
    Is there any chance you could repost this, I'm dying to hear it!
    Mark

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Advertising