Thursday 6 August 2009

Arthur's theme (Best that you can do) - Christopher Cross

'Arthur's theme' was written in collaboration between Christopher Cross, pop music composer Burt Bacharach and his frequent writing partner Carole Bayer Sager. A fourth writing credit goes to Minnelli's ex-husband and Australian songwriter Peter Allen, also a frequent collaborator with Bayer Sager.

The single was taken from the soundtrack of the movie 'Arthur' starring Dudley Moore and Liza Minelli. It reached number 1 on the US Billboard Hot 100 chart, number 7 on the UK singles chart. It was one of the first songs I recorded from the radio with my new tape recorder which I got for my eleventh birthday. Almost 28 years later, I've got the single!

My collection: 7" single no. 3932
Found: Record Exchange, London, August 5, 2009
Cost: 30p
Tracks: 'Arthur's theme (Best that you can do)' / 'Minstrel Gigolo (edit)'

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Advertising