Friday 10 July 2009

Pride (In the name of love) - U2

Contrary to what you might think, when I bought this single two decades after its release, I didn't have to pay a fortune for it. I was as surprised as anyone when I spotted this limited edition double single during a record fair for a rather low price. Considering the ever growing fanbase of this Irish band, I would have expected the dealer to make a nice profit. Fortunately he didn't, otherwise I would never have bought this of course.

I consider 'Pride' to be U2's breakthrough single. It was the first one to reach the top 3 of the UK singles chart, peaking at number 3, and it was the first top 10 hit in the Netherlands, reaching number 8. The accompanying album 'The unforgettable fire' is an unmistakable classic which demands a luxury extended collectable ultimate edition of some sort. Now that's something I would buy...

My collection: 7" single no. 3365
Found: Record fair, Utrecht, November 2002
Cost: 10 guilders
Tracks: 'Pride (In the name of love)' / '4th of July' // 'Boomerang I (Instrumental)' / 'Boomerang II (Vocal)'

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Advertising