Tuesday 21 July 2009

Non stop dance - Gibson Brothers

When I was six years old, I idolized the Gibson Brothers. They had a number one hit in the Netherlands with 'Non stop dance' in May 1977, and their performances in Seventies disco clothing were probably very interesting for young viewers like myself.

The three brothers Chris, Patrick and Alex were born on Martinique in the West Indies. They debuted in 1976 with the single 'Come to America'. The second single, 'Non stop dance' was a hit all over Europe. I bought a rather dusty copy of this single, but a simple washing up helped clean this record.

My collection: 7" single no. 3873
Found: Plaatboef, Rotterdam, July 20, 2009
Cost: 0,25 euro
Tracks: 'Non stop dance' / 'Never said goodbye'

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Advertising