Friday 31 July 2009

Locomotion - OMD

'Locomotion' was the first single taken from Orchestral Manoeuvres in the Dark's 1984 album 'Junk culture'. The track was a departure from the group's synth-based tracks and was, according to critics, a deliberate step towards a more commercial 'mainstream' sound.

It was a success. Where previous single 'Telegraph' only managed to reach number 42 in the UK singles chart, this one peaked at number 5. In the Netherlands, it reached the exact same position. Things were looking up for OMD!

My collection: 7" single no. 3909
Found: Plaatboef, Rotterdam, July 31, 2009
Cost: 0,25 euro
Tracks: 'Locomotion' / 'Her body in my soul'

1 comment:

  1. Congrulations dear friend; you broke your record again about put vinyl single to your blog page. I would like to thank for sharing your great archive with us. I addicted your page and somedays i am down if there is no new entires :) I like dutch bands from 70s as Earth and Fire, Tee set or Mistral, etc... This bands so much loved in Turkey at time and I am trying some materials about them from 70's Turkish music magazines to put on my blog page. http://www.starson45s.blogspot.com I am waiting some records for you'll put them as Santiago Lover from Emyl Starr, Sarah Brighman's I Lost My Heart To Starship Trooper, Santa Esmeralda singles or Gerry Refferty's Baker Street.
    Have a nice weekend. Greetings from Istanbul-
    Atilla

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Advertising