Monday 13 July 2009

If you leave me now - Chicago

'If you leave me now' was released by the American band Chicago on their 1976 album 'Chicago X'. It was written and sung by bass guitar player Peter Cetera and released as a single in July 1976.

The single topped the US charts on October 23, 1976 and stayed there for two weeks, making it the first number one hit in America for the group. It also reached the number one spot in the UK and the Netherlands. The single went on to win Grammy Awards for Best Arrangement Accompanying Vocalist(s) and Best Pop Vocal Performance by a Duo, Group or Chorus.

My collection: 7" single no. 1804
Found: Disco Market, Den Haag, December 19, 1992
Cost: 1 guilder
Tracks: 'If you leave me now' / 'Make me smile'

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Advertising