Thursday 16 July 2009

I want your love - Chic

'I want your love' was written by Bernard Edwards and Nile Rodgers. The track appeared on Chic's 1978 album 'C'est Chic'. It was originally intended for then-protégés, Sister Sledge. The single was slightly less successful than their previous single 'Le freak'.

It peaked at number 7 on the US Billboard Hot 100. In the UK, the single peaked at number 4, making it the biggest hit from the band in that country. In the Netherlands, the single peaked at number 14. I hated the song in 1978, but a decade later I changed my mind.

My collection: 7" single no. 937
Found: All that music, Leiden, July 7, 1989
Cost: 3 guilders
Tracks: 'I want your love' / '(Funny) bone'

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Advertising