Sunday 26 July 2009

Eagle / Thank you for the music - Abba

Released as a double A-side, 'Eagle' and 'Thank you for the music' got equal attention at its release, but in later years, it's 'Thank you for the music' that has become an Abba classic, and not 'Eagle'. I don't really understand. While 'Thank you for the music' certainly has a universal appeal, 'Eagle' comes with a much better production and sound overall.

The single became a number 1 hit in Belgium, but peaked lower in all other countries. In the Netherlands it made number 4, while in the UK it was not released. I got my copy from my sister as a result of a swap. I do not recall which single I swapped but I do know it was an improvement.

My collection: 7" single no. 18
Found: Den Haag
Cost: -
Tracks: 'Eagle' / 'Thank you for the music'

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Advertising