Monday 1 June 2009

Wild hearted woman - All about Eve

I had only just discovered All about Eve, when I found this single in my favourite second hand record shop. And cheaply, too! Naturally, though I didn't know the song, I had to try it out. And I'm glad I did, because it helped me to decide to buy the band's debut album. The up-tempo rock track 'Wild hearted woman' was coupled with the soft, beautiful ballad 'Appletree man', which showed the great diversity the band already had.

Frontwoman Julianne Regan commented in 1998: 'Please don't make the mistake of thinking that the boys wrote the 'boy' songs and I wrote the 'girly' ones, when the truth is that (...) Tim was the one behind 'Appletree man'.' The single peaked at number 33, improving again on the previous single's chart performance in the UK.

My collection: 7" single no. 703
Found: Disco Market, Den Haag, December 17, 1988
Cost: 1 guilder
Tracks: 'Wild hearted woman' / 'Appletree man'

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Advertising