Monday 22 June 2009

Road to your soul - All about Eve

All about Eve had a troubled time while recording their second album. Having just found success with 'Martha's harbour', they were suffering from internal conflicts and uncertainty about their new direction. 'Scarlet and other stories' became a flawed masterpiece as a result.

Not that I knew anything about this: I picked up the brand new single by All about Eve while on holiday in London in October 1989. 'Road to your soul' was the single that turned me into an All about Eve fan almost overnight. I heard it upon return home and was immediately hooked. The UK audience had more trouble with it, apparently: the single peaked at number 37 and did not become the number one hit it should have been.

My collection: 7" single no. 994
Found: HMV, London, October 16, 1989
Cost: 2 pounds
Tracks: 'Road to your soul' / 'Pieces of our heart'

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Advertising