Monday 8 June 2009

I need love - LL Cool J

Hip hop will always be a genre dominated by people who feel the need to use a lot of words to say... well... nothing. It doesn't happen very often - well, once every decade on average as far as I know - that I actually like a hip hop record. LL Cool J released 'I need love' in 1987 and took care of the Eighties for me.

The idea of making a rap about a troubled lovelife in a kindof ballad setting was pretty good I have to admit. He was rewarded with chart placings around the word, reaching number 8 in the UK and number 3 in the Netherlands. Just forget about all the other rubbish he's made since then. (And yes, the B-side of this single is very bad as well.)

My collection: 7" single no. 566
Found: Free Record Shop, Den Haag, 1987
Cost: 6 guilders
Tracks: 'I need love' / 'My rhyme ain't done'

1 comment:

  1. You should have stoped after the first sentence.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Advertising