Saturday 27 June 2009

I don't know anybody else - Black box

'I don't know anybody else' was the second hit single for the Italo house band Black Box. It was the second single from their debut album 'Dreamland' and was released in the first months of 1990 in most of countries worldwide. The single peaked at number 4 in the UK singles chart, number 23 in the US Billboard Hot 100 and number 37 in the Dutch Top 40.

The song features an un-credited Martha Wash on lead vocals. Wash later sued the record label for royalties and directly contributed to legislation ensuring proper credit for vocalists on both songs and music videos.

My collection: 7" single no. 1199
Found: Melody Maker, Den Haag, March 30, 1990
Cost: 6 guilders
Tracks: 'I don't know anybody else (Melody mix)' / 'I don't know anybody else (House club)'

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Advertising