Saturday 6 June 2009

I don't believe in you - Talk Talk

For a long time, this was 'that missing Talk Talk single' for me. I knew that 'I don't believe in you' was released as the last single from their album 'The colour of spring', but I simply couldn't find a copy. For years I searched for it, only to find it at a record fair in 1992. I was quite surprised when I didn't have to pay a fortune for it.

Still, this is a pretty rare one. Most of Talk Talk's singles and B-sides have been released on cd compilations, but the B-side of this one, a live version of 'Does Caroline know?', performed live at the Montreux Jazz Festival in the Summer of 1986, remains unreleased on cd. A regrettable oversight, since it is a brilliant live track. The single, meanwhile, only managed a number 96 placing in the UK singles chart.

My collection: 7" single no. 1600
Found: Record fair, Amsterdam, March 28, 1992
Cost: 4 guilders
Tracks: 'I don't believe in you' / 'Does Caroline know? (live)'

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Advertising