Sunday 28 June 2009

Farewell my summer love - Michael Jackson

Motown gave a good example in 1984 of what will probably happen in the next few months and years to come. Spurred on by the success of Michael Jackson's 'Thriller', they excavated their archives and came up with a whole album of previously unreleased material entitled 'Farewell my summer love', recorded between 1973 and 1975. To make the album sound contemporary, the songs were remixed.

The title track was released as a single and reached number 38 in the US Billboard Hot 100 and number 7 in the UK singles chart. The untimely death of Michael Jackson will be a sign for record companies to start digging. Who knows what they will come up with...

My collection: 7" single no. 3807
Found: Parkpop, Den Haag, June 28, 2009
Cost: 2 euro
Tracks: 'Farewell my summer love' / 'Call on me'

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Advertising