Monday 22 June 2009

Cruel - Tori Amos

Tori Amos recorded her 1998 album 'From the choirgirl hotel' after she suffered a miscarriage. The sense of loss and blame were obvious in a lot of the tracks. 'Each song would show me a certain side of herself because of what I was going through. So a song like 'Cruel' came to me out of my anger. 'She's Your Cocaine' and 'iieee' came out of a sense of loss and sacrifice. And other songs celebrated the fact that I found a new appreciation for life through this loss.'

'Cruel' was released as the album's third single in the USA. It did not chart, and no further singles were released from the album after this.

My collection: 7" single no. 3050
Found: Record fair, February 20, 1999
Cost: 10 guilders
Tracks: 'Cruel (Shady feline mix)' / 'Raspberry swirl (Lip gloss version)'

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Advertising