Friday 26 June 2009

Bliss - Tori Amos

'Bliss' was the first single from Tori Amos' 1999 double album 'To Venus and back'. One disc of that album was filled with new tracks, whereas the other disc was filled with atrocious live tracks. Atrocious, because the audiences kept screaming through the music. I'll never understand why people felt the need to do that during Tori Amos concerts.

Tori Amos commented about the song: 'I sing Father I killed my monkey to lead off the song, which explains that sometimes you even destroy your own so they can't excavate it. When I was growing up, I started becoming very secretive about my thoughts and the sensory world I would go to, because there's a lot of mind control that goes on constantly, people wanting access: 'What are you thinking?' So sometimes I'd have my own defense going, which would be to look them straight in the eye and make them think I've killed my imagination. But it's like, I'll take control.'

My collection: 7" single no. 3145
Found: Record fair, 1999
Cost: 10 guilders
Tracks: 'Bliss' / 'Hey Jupiter (live)'

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Advertising