Monday 4 May 2009

Your love takes me higher - The Beloved

'Your love takes me higher' was a hit for the Beloved in March 1990, as a single drawn from their debut album 'Happiness'. However, this is not that single: this single was released a year before and features both band members on the sleeve instead of a drawing which featured on the sleeve of the 1990 release.

Jon Marsh and Steve Waddington released this single ten months before 'The sun rising', which would become their first real UK hit. 'Your love takes me higher' was re-released after 'Hello' was their second hit in the UK.

My collection: 7" single no. 2277
Found: Record fair, Amsterdam, May 6, 1995
Cost: 5 guilders
Tracks: 'Your love takes me higher' / 'Paradise (My darling, my angel)'

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Advertising