Thursday 7 May 2009

House of fun - Madness

Released in May 1982, 'House of fun' is to date the only number one hit in the UK for Madness. It was released by Madness in between albums. The track did not appear on any previous or subsequent studio album - although it was obviously included in compilation albums, the first one being 'Complete Madness', released in 1982.

Madness guitarist Chris Foreman commented on the song in 1982: 'I'm not sure about this one... I think it's about coming of age, I cant remember much about because when it happened to me it was a long time ago. You could buy a packet of fags, a pint of beer and a three piece suit for half a crown and still have enough left to go and see Rudolf Valentino at the Gaumont! I can't afford to go to the pictures these days but I hear they talk in them now.'

My collection: 7" single no. 3699
Found: Empire Records, Den Haag, May 5, 2009
Cost: 0,5 euro
Tracks: 'House of fun' / 'Don't look back'

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Advertising