Tuesday 5 May 2009

Club Tropicana - Wham!

Wham! had made a name for themselves with socially conscious singles like 'Wham rap' and 'Young guns'. When they released 'Club Tropicana' it seemed like a deliberate move away from that. But in reality, the song was a satire of the boom for cheap package holidays for young, single people.

The B-side is what interests me the most on this single. It's the track 'Blue (Armed with love)', which is a bit of a rarity in Wham!'s catalogue. I've known this track for a long time, but I didn't know it was the B-side of 'Club Tropicana'. I'm glad to finally have it on 7" vinyl.

My collection: 7" single no. 3702
Found: Empire Records, Den Haag, May 5, 2009
Cost: 0,5 euro
Tracks: 'Club Tropicana' / 'Blue (Armed with love)'

3 comments:

  1. Does anybody know where I can find a CD-version of Blue (armed with love)? As far as I know it only appeared on vinyl. And i like it so much :-(

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great single, from when what was number onein the charts meant something! I love the motorbike sound at the start. I was remined of it recently lwhile listening a song on the new Morrissey (of all people!!) album.

    What do Morrissey and Wham have in common. Both begin a song with the sound of a motorbike driving off.

    diaryofamusicfan.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. i got the cd rip of ,,blue'' its on the japan only cd single of ''club tropicana,
    email me at djrichi_com@yahoo.co.uk and i'll email ya the mp3

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Advertising