Wednesday 20 May 2009

China - Tori Amos

'China' was the first Tori Amos single I ever bought. I was actually searching for 'Silent all these years', but this was the only single my record dealer had at the time. Somehow I was confident that this would also be an interesting single, and so I bought it without even having heard it. When I played it at home, I was immediately convinced. 'China' is a beautiful ballad. Not long after that, I found out that the B-side was also a beautiful piece ofwork.

'China' peaked at number 51 in the UK singles chart, but it did not chart in any other territory.

My collection: 7" single no. 1615
Found: Melody Maker, Den Haag, April 4, 1992
Cost: 6 guilders
Tracks: 'China' / 'Sugar'

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Advertising