Sunday 26 April 2009

You are my world 87 - The Communards

I wrote about the Communards' 'You are my world' before (although Blogger seems to have deleted that post again in their random actions vandalism), but that was the original version from 1986 with which they made their debut.

In 1987, they re-released the track in a re-recorded version. This version did better than the original: while that one peaked at number 30 in the UK, this one peaked at number 21. And in the Netherlands, where the original didn't chart, it reached number 24. I bought the single to get my collection of Communards singles complete. Always a good feeling to be complete.

My collection: 7" single no. 3646
Found: Record fair, Utrecht, April 18, 2009
Cost: 0,8 euro
Tracks: 'You are my world 87' / 'Judgement day'

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Advertising