Friday 24 April 2009

Soley Soley - Middle of the road

Middle of the road had a top 5 hit in the UK in 1971 with 'Soley Soley'. The single did even better in the Netherlands, peaking at number 1. The single was also a huge hit in the Faroe Islands, where the name 'Sóley(ð/g)' is very popular as a girl's name and is pronounced the same way as this song's title.

I bought the single a few weeks ago already, but the sleeve proved to have the wrong disc in it. I usually check the disc, but you'll always find that the one time you forget to do it, you're a victim of a bad sale. Anyway, I found the correct sleeve ánd the correct disc this time around.

My collection: 7" single no. 3663
Found: Record fair, Utrecht, April 18, 2009
Cost: 0,5 euro
Tracks: 'Soley Soley' / 'To remind me'

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Advertising