Thursday 16 April 2009

Oh l'amour - Dollar

During a promotional trip to Japan in February 1983, relations between the two members of Dollar, Tereza Bazar and David van Day, had become increasingly strained and Van Day quit the band. Both tried a solo career, but without one another, they weren't very successful. In 1986 they reformed and released two less successful singles, 'We walked in love' and 'Haven't we said goodbye before'. New success came when they recorded a cover version of Erasure's 'Oh l'amour' in 1987. It became one of their biggest hits and peaked at number 7 in the UK. In late 1988, after one more unsuccessful single, Dollar disbanded again.

This single has become an important one in my collection more or less by accident: it's the last single I ever bought in Disco Market. It's where I bought my first single, and literally hundreds of singles since then. The shop has closed down a couple of years ago, sadly. The last time I visited it, a year ago, I had to embarrass myself during a bachelor party. It had turned into a regular apartment.

My collection: 7" single no. 3373
Found: Disco Market, Den Haag, January 11, 2003
Cost: 0,5 euro
Tracks: 'Oh l'amour' / 'B-beat'

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Advertising