Thursday 23 April 2009

Lithium - Evanescence

'Lithium' was the second single taken from Evanescence's second album 'The open door'. Peaking at number 32 in the UK and number 55 in the Netherlands, the single was reasonably successful. This picture disc 7" vinyl was the last vinyl release of the band so far.

Frontwoman and writer of the song Amy Lee explained: 'It's not literal about the drug for me, I've never taken lithium before. It's [...] me looking at happiness in a negative way because I've always been, you know, kind of afraid to be happy. So it's this fight within the song of 'do I do this and get out of here and get happy or do I wallow in it like I always do?' and it's cool because at the end of the song I say 'I'm going to let it go', I am going to be happy.'

My collection: 7" single no. 3667
Found: Record fair, Utrecht, April 18, 2009
Cost: 5 euro
Tracks: 'Lithium' / 'The last song I'm wasting on you'

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Advertising