Thursday 16 April 2009

I won't let you go - Agnetha Fältskog

After the virtual demise of Abba in 1982, Agnetha Fältskog enjoyed a lot of success with her solo album 'Wrap your arms around me' (1983). She followed this up with 'Eyes of a woman', released in 1985 and produced by Eric Stewart from 10CC. The album sold well in parts of Europe, but failed to match the success of its predecessor.

The first single from the album was 'I won't let you go', composed by Fältskog herself. It peaked at number 18 in the Netherlands, but did not chart in the UK. It would be 2003 before she returned in the singles chart in that country with 'If I thought you'd ever change your mind'.

My collection: 7" single no. 1134
Found: All that music, Leiden, December 28, 1989
Cost: 2 guilders
Tracks: 'I won't let you go' / 'You're there'

1 comment:

  1. Hi!

    well, it charted in UK indeed, but peaking only at Nº 84. Some other charts were:
    Sweden: 2
    Belgium: 7
    Germany: 24

    It seems that it didn't chart anywere else.

    Cheers!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Advertising