Sunday 5 April 2009

I just want to be your everything - Andy Gibb

Andy Gibb was born on March 5, 1958 as the youngest brother of Barry, Robin, and Maurice Gibb, also known as the Bee Gees. Gibb began playing at tourist clubs around Ibiza, and later back in his homeland of the Isle of Man, as a young teenager. The idea of his joining the Bee Gees was often suggested, but he never did this because of the fact that he was eight years younger than Robin and Maurice, who in turn were three years younger than Barry.

After returning to Australia in 1975, Andy began recording a series of his own compositions. One of them, 'Words and music' would eventually reach Top 5 on the Sydney music charts in 1976. This led to Andy being invited by Robert Stigwood to launch his international career. Gibb released 'Flowing rivers', including this single, 'I just want to be your everything'. It was released in the summer of 1977, and peaked at number 26 in the UK singles chart. It initially flopped in the Netherlands, but then got a re-release in September and still reached number 24 in the Dutch Top 40.
My collection: 7" single no. 864
Found: All that music, Leiden, June 2, 1989
Cost: 3 guilders
Tracks: 'I just want to be your everything' / 'In the end'

1 comment:

  1. Hi Friend!!! Great Blog!!! I Love this one and I Love Vinyls, but I can't download the track 2. Divshare only shows me the song "I Just Want To Be Your everything" to download. Could you host it via Megaupload o Rapidshare please? Thanks in advance!!!

    Cheers from Argentina!!!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Advertising