Wednesday 15 April 2009

Duel - Propaganda

For a little while in 1985, I thought Propaganda was the best thing since sliced bread. After the success of Dr. Mabuse, the band fell silent for a while before releasing 'Duel'. I vaguely recalled 'Dr. Mabuse', but this new single was total genius in my book. Especially the frantic piano solo was something I really marvelled at.

The single peaked at number 5 in the Dutch Top 40, while it only managed number 21 in the UK. When this single was followed up by the less remarkable 'Machinery', my interest faded pretty quickly, although I did like that song as well.

My collection: 7" single no. 294
Found: LP Top 100, Den Haag, 1985
Cost: 5,5 guilders
Tracks: 'Duel' / 'Jewel'

2 comments:

  1. I love this song. It should have been a much bigger hit in the UK.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was the same, when "Duel" was released. I thought it was a brilliant song of which I just couldn't get enough. And to be honest I still do. :-)

    Btw: the following single was called "P-Machinery", not just "Machinery", but that's nitpicking.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Advertising