Thursday 30 April 2009

Blue velvet - Bobby Vinton

'Blue velvet' was first a hit for Tony Bennett in 1951. Bobby Vinton recorded his version twelve years later, and made number 1 in America. In the UK, the song did not chart until it was used in a commercial by Nivea lotions. On that occasion, it made number 2.

In 1986, the song was used prominently on David Lynch's movie 'Blue velvet', which is where I heard this song when the film was televised somewhere in the late Nineties. I didn't like the movie, but I did like the song. And so I bought it when I found the 1990 UK release.

My collection: 7" single no. 3259
Found: October 20, 2000
Cost: 1 pound
Tracks: 'Blue velvet' / 'Blue on blue'

1 comment:

  1. Hi Friend!!! I have a problem with these files, when I want to download'em appears this message:

    Sorry, this account has not been confirmed.
    The user who uploaded this file has not confirmed his or her e-mail address, so this file is temporarily unavailable. When the user's account is confirmed, you'll be able to download it again. If you have any questions, e-mail us at support@divshare.com.

    I'd love to have this 7", please could you reupload it?

    Greeting!!!

    Her.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Advertising