Saturday 7 March 2009

Invisible - Alison Moyet

Alison Moyet's third solo single was specially written for her by Motown legend Lamont Dozier, from the famous Holland/Dozier/Holland writing team. The song was released in 1984 and peaked at number 21 in the UK singles chart. A year later, it reached number 31 in the US Billboard Hot 100 chart - making it the only US top 40 hit of her career.

By the time I bought this single, it was ancient. I already had all the other singles taken from her debut album 'Alf', so this was a nice completion.

My collection: 7" single no. 3263
Found: Record fair, Utrecht, October 21, 2000
Cost: 1 guilder
Tracks: 'Invisible' / 'Hitch hike'
Download: here

1 comment:

  1. ALF is one of the best albums from 1984 and I listened to INVISIBLE a lot in junior college preparing for my A-level exams. Kind of a nice song to help me adjust to the change of school after sitting for my O-levels. I remember so many of the songs from 1984 - 1986 so fondly.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Advertising