Friday 6 March 2009

I'll always love you - Taylor Dayne

After scoring two big hits with the dance anthems 'Tell it to my heart' and 'Prove your love', Taylor Dayne tried her luck with a ballad. Titled 'I'll always love you', it showed a softer side of the American singer, something that was appreciated a lot in America (it peaked at number 3 in the Billboard Hot 100 singles chart), but not so much in Europe, where it stalled outside the top 40 in the Netherlands and only managed a lowly position at number 41 in the UK singles chart.

Personally, I thought this was one of Dayne's better tracks, and it was the first single of her which I bought.

My collection: 7" single no. 638
Found: Free Record Shop, Den Haag, 1988
Cost: 6 guilders
Tracks: 'I'll always love you' / 'Where does that boy hang out'

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Advertising