Thursday 26 March 2009

The honeythief - Hipsway

Hipsway were formed in Glasgow in 1984 by ex-Altered Images guitarist Johnny McElhone on bass, and featuring Grahame Skinner (vocals), Pim Jones (guitar) and Harry Travers (drums). They were soon signed up by Mercury Records and released their self-titled debut album in 1985. Their debut single 'The honeythief' made number 17 in the UK singles chart, but stalled at number 33 in the Netherlands. The band split up in 1989, with McElhone leaving to found Texas.

I don't think I remembered the song when I bought it, but I did know I liked the song. Many years later, the track has disappeared from my memory alltogether. It was nice to hear it again when I played it recently.

My collection: 7" single no. 833
Found: Disco Market, Den Haag, May 20, 1989
Cost: 1 guilder
Tracks: 'The honeythief' / 'Wild sorrow'


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Advertising