Sunday 1 February 2009

Turn my back on you - Sade

This remix of 'Turn my back on you' was the fourth and last single drawn from Sade's third album 'Stronger than pride'. At the time, I felt it was the worst track on the album and I was very surprised to find that it was released as a single. I also remember the video, which was a busy, hyperactive affair. While I appreciate the track better now, twenty years later, the years have not been kind to the video: I still can't stand to see it.

The cd-single of this track was released as a small, 3" cd. I didn't buy it at the time, which I really regret now, because it is nowhere to be found. So contact me if you have one and want to get rid of it. :)

My collection: 7" single no. 800
Found: Disco Market, Den Haag, April 21, 1989
Cost: 3,5 guilders
Tracks: 'Turn my back on you (remix)' / 'Keep looking'

1 comment:

  1. I share your sentiment - I too wish I'd bought this on CD single because I now can't find it either! The download limit has also been reached on your link - is there any chance of you relinking it please? Thanks, Michael.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Advertising