Tuesday 24 February 2009

How can I believe? - Betsy Cook

Betsy Cook released 'How can I believe?' as the second single off her album 'The girl who ate herself'. (The first single was 'Love is the groove' but that entry in this blog has been deleted by The Powers That Be for some strange reason.) It is a beautiful ballad, and one of the best tracks on the album full stop.

Other artists have benefited from Betsy's craftmanship: Paul Young recorded 'Wonderland' a few years prior to the release of her own album, Cher recorded 'Love is the groove' and Stevie Nicks recorded 'Docklands'. All tracks were on Betsy's album too. There is not much information on what Betsy did next, but I guess she's still out there somewhere, songwriting.

My collection: 7" single no. 1621
Found: Disco Market, Den Haag, April 18, 1992
Cost: 3,5 guilders
Tracks: 'How can I believe?' / 'Look to yourself'

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Advertising