Monday 16 February 2009

House of thorns - Fiat Lux

After the singles 'Secrets' and 'Blue emotion' had made a big impact on me, I started trying out other singles by Fiat Lux. I bought 'Photography' and this one on the same day, hoping for more jewels in their repertoire.

All I can say is: sometimes you strike out. While 'Photography' still sounds interesting, 'House of thorns' is a bit of a mediocre affair. It seems like an unfinished demo; the production could (and should) have been tighter. Oh well, it's still not bad compared to loads of other songs around these days, but I won't play this often.

My collection: 7" single no. 3161
Found: Record fair, Utrecht, November 27, 1999
Cost: 2 guilders
Tracks: 'House of thorns' / 'Threes company'
Download: here

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Advertising