Friday 23 January 2009

Someday (I'm coming back) - Lisa Stansfield

Lisa Stansfield recorded 'Someday (I'm coming back)' for the soundtrack of 'The Bodyguard', the 1992 movie starring Whitney Houston and Kevin Costner. Stansfield had just had a very successful year with her album 'Real love' reaching number 3 in the UK albums chart and top 10 in several other countries. The album spawned four hit singles, and when this one was released as a single, it went to number 10 in the UK singles chart.

The 12" single featured a remix not found on the cd-single. (Another piece of evidence that the vinyl format was still the most interesting of all.) I bought the 12" single in London, which in the Nineties was just about the only place where they were still to be found.

My collection: 12" single no. 215
Found: Record Exchange, London, 1992
Cost: 2 pounds
Tracks: 'Someday (I'm coming back)', 'Live together/Young hearts run free (live)' / 'Someday (I'm coming back) (Absolute remix)', 'Tenderly (live)'
Download: here

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Advertising