Wednesday 21 January 2009

Severina - The Mission

When I became a fan of All about Eve in the late eighties, I quickly found out that Julianne Regan, lead singer of the band, had done some backing vocals on some tracks by The Mission. Most notably the single 'Severina', which is one of the best tracks in the Mission's catalogue. Naturally I wanted to have it, but I wasn't consciously searching for it all the time.

Then, of course, I stumbled into a special edition of that very single. It included a 21" x 14" colour poster of the band. Being a sucker for special editions, I bought this copy straight away. It was a great find during a sunny day during a holiday in the South of England. It didn't matter that in fact this item was slightly overpriced...

My collection: 7" single no. 2387
Found: Grammar School Records, Rye, July 3, 1995
Cost: 6 pounds
Tracks: 'Severina' / 'Tomorrow never knows'
Download: here

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Advertising