Sunday 25 January 2009

Red guitar - David Sylvian

After spending a decade in the band Japan, David Sylvian released his debut solo album 'Brilliant trees' in 1984. The album was split in two parts: the more accessible tracks were on side A of the album, whereas the more experimental work was grouped together on side B. The biggest hit from this album was 'Red guitar', which reached number 17 in the UK singles chart in the Summer of 1984.

Originally I dismissed this single as 'boring', but after a while I still became interesed and bought the 7" single. Years after that, I bought the 12" single because I had become curious what the 'full length version' would be like. As it turns out, it is actually the album version. But since I don't have the album, this will do nicely.

My collection: 12" single no. 321
Found: Plaatboef, Rotterdam, 1995
Cost: 2 guilders
Tracks: 'Red guitar (full length version)' / 'Forbidden colours'
Download: here

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Advertising