Saturday 10 January 2009

Me and my foolish heart - Johnny hates Jazz

'Shattered dreams', 'I don't wanna be a hero', 'Turn back the clock'... These were the singles that made Johnny hates Jazz's fame in 1987. But before they signed to Virgin records and released the debut album that yielded these hits, they recorded their debut single on RAK records, the label owned by the father of band member Calvin Hayes: Mickie Most. This single did not chart, but the track would end up on their debut album anyway.

I found this 12" single during a record fair and because I knew the album, I also knew this track. It was great to have an extended mix, because it never resurfaced on any other format since. Until last year's re-release of the debut album 'Turn back the clock', that is. For Johnny hates Jazz fans, this is a real must have item. And for music lovers like me, too.

My collection: 12" single no. 340
Found: Record fair, Rotterdam, 1999
Cost: 2 guilders
Tracks: 'Me and my foolish heart (12" mix)' / 'Living in the past', 'Me and my foolish heart (7" mix)'
Download: here

1 comment:

  1. Hi,

    I recently picked this and a couple of other JHJ 12" singles up, unfortunately, on my copy the 7" version skips. any chance you could upload this?

    David

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Advertising