Saturday 31 January 2009

I want your love - Transvision Vamp

It was this video that started me getting interested in Transvision Vamp. At first the singing irritated me, but I kept watching this video. Then something clicked: the music was nice and aggressive and the voice needed some getting used to. In the end, I succumbed and started buying later singles by Transvision Vamp - 'I want your love' was gone from the shops by then. So I had to find it afterwards.

'I want your love' was Transvision Vamp's first top 10 hit in the UK, peaking at number 5 in the summer of 1988. In the Netherlands, it was their only single to reach the Dutch Top 40.

My collection: 7" single no. 2866
Found: Record fair, Utrecht, September 20, 1997
Cost: 3 guilders
Tracks: 'I want your love' / 'Sweet thing', 'Evolution Evie (acoustic)'
Download: here

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Advertising