Monday 19 January 2009

Hey Manhattan! - Prefab Sprout

After 'When love breaks down' I thought I would follow every move of Prefab Sprout, but that didn't last for very long. They released 'Hey Manhattan!' in 1988, but I didn't find out about this song and many others until they released 'A life of surprises', a compilation album featuring all their greatest hits - and then some - in 1992.

So I bought quite a lot of their singles after this compilation album, and 'Hey Manhattan!' was one of them. I actually bought this limited edition with a full colour poster in England. I am always a sucker for special editions. And then there are few songs as beautifully produced as this one.

My collection: 7" single no. 2680
Found: Record Exchange, London, July 2, 1996
Cost: 1 pound
Tracks: 'Hey Manhattan!' / 'Tornado'
Download: here

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Advertising