Wednesday 21 January 2009

Don't try to tell me - Wendy and Lisa

By the end of the eighties, I'd started buying cd's. I was never much of an lp buyer, so this was actually a big change. Suddenly, I started discovering albums by artists instead of just the single releases. It affected the way I bought my singles as well: more often than not, when I liked an album, I would buy the singles drawn from these albums whenever I could.

'Don't try to tell me' was one of the strongest tracks of Wendy & Lisa's 1990 album 'Eroica', so I was pleasantly surprised when I found out that it was also released as a single in the UK. The way I found out about this was pleasant as well: I saw the single in a shop where I was browsing the stock. It was a quick purchase.

My collection: 7" single no. 1750.
Found: Record Exchange, London, October 19, 1992
Cost: 50p
Tracks: 'Don't try to tell me (edit)' / 'Balance'
Download: here

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Advertising