Thursday 11 December 2008

(What) In the name of love - Naked Eyes

Watching music television daily can provide you with lots of new impressions. I learned a lot about the music scene in 1983 and 1984. When I saw this clip, I knew Naked Eyes was a group to watch. Two decades later, I own a compilation cd and several 7" and 12" singles by this duo.

'(What) In the name of love' appeared on the B-side of the 12" single of 'Promises, Promises', but got released as a single a year later. The new version was produced by Arthur Baker. The 12" single I own was made in America, meaning that they were actually attracting some attention over there as well. Not bad for an English duo.

My collection: 12" single no. 357
Found: Record fair, Rotterdam, 2002
Cost: 5 guilders
Tracks: '(What) In the name of love (extended version)' / '(What) In the name of love (instrumental version)', '(What) In the name of love (single version)'
Download: here

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Advertising