Sunday 14 December 2008

Strung out - Wendy and Lisa

Best known for their collaborations with Prince as members of his backing band The Revolution in the eighties, Wendy Melvoin and Lisa Coleman began their career as a duo in 1986. After releasing 'Wendy and Lisa' (1987) and 'Fruit at the bottom' (1989) for Columbia Records, they signed to Virgin records and released their third album 'Eroica'. 'Strung out' was the first single drawn from that album. It was a minor hit.

I bought this single for the reason I bought loads of my singles: because I liked the track when I heard it. What's special about this single, however, is that it contains a non-album track that is very great indeed. Sometimes bands make great B-sides.

My collection: 7" single no. 1278
Found: Melody Maker, Den Haag, August 18, 1990
Cost: 6 guilders
Tracks: 'Strung out' / 'Stones and birth'
Download: here

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Advertising