Friday 19 December 2008

(No more) Fear of flying - Gary Brooker

'(No more) Fear of flying' is taken from the album of the same name, which was Gary Brooker's debut solo album. Unlike 'The Angler', this single was a hit in the Netherlands. Then again, it was Gary Brooker's only hit in this country. Despite releasing four albums and eight singles, Brooker never found commercial success again.

I heard this song on the radio lots of times during the eighties. For a long time I didn't know what it was called and who performed it. When I found out, I still needed a lot of time to find the single. Obviously, when I found it, I was very glad.

My collection: 7" single no. 2128
Found: Record Palace, Amsterdam, July 30, 1994
Cost: 2 guilders
Tracks: '(No more) Fear of flying' / 'S.S. Blues'
Download: here

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Advertising